If you know me well, then you know I struggle to eat vegetables. None is so difficult to force myself to consume than the greens, though. This is because greens are disgusting, clearly, but I feel I must make some effort to be healthy.
I can disguise them pretty well in a stir fry, but sometimes I run out of other vegetables to include. After much experimenting, I have FINALLY figured out a form in which I will actually enjoy them:
- Olive oil
- Clove of garlic, chopped
- Greens (this can be spinach, chard, collards, cabbage, kale – whatever) chopped into wide strips
- Apple cider vinegar (OR rice vinegar and soy sauce, but more vinegar)
- Heat the oil in a wok or skillet and saute the garlic for a bit
- Add the greens and toss until it starts to wilt slightly
- Add a sprinkle of salt and a bit of vinegar (I usually use a capful so I’m not sure how much this is. Maybe 2 teaspoons?) and toss the greens.
- Cover the wok and let the greens steam for a few minutes
- Remove from wok and serve.