Unfortunately it was sort of “throw a bit of this and a bit of that” into a saucepan, so most of these measurements are shifty.
- 2 TBs butter
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (I had like 1/4 of a bag leftover)
- Some water
- Some vanilla (maybe 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 TBs of sugar or more (I literally grabbed several pinches of it)
- Handful of mini marshmallows, maybe 1 cup
2. Stir in vanilla and sugar.
3. Stir in marshmallows and keep stirring until they are melted. Taste for if you need more sugar (but don’t burn your tongue).
4. Remove from heat and continue stirring until mixture thickens slightly as it cools. Frost cake immediately! (it gets pretty stiff when it cools completely)
Edit: I should add: this made enough frosting to cover a 1 layer 8 inch round cake.