Tuesday, January 6, 2004

Props, puppets, and artsy things

Second day of winter term completed: so far so good. The prop load for this play is turning out to be more and more managable. There is a lot of stuff to buy, but most of it consists of small, cheap, easily obtainable things. There are a few larger things to buy, but I still think we can work them into the props budget, and a few hard things to get (like an endoscope and IV pumps), but Matthew seems to be taking care of all the medical schtuff we have to obtain.

My goal for tomorrow is to get all the pieces for the practice puppet, so I can have it made by the end of the week. That way Ian will have plenty of time to mess with it, and hopefully will make an easy transition to the real puppet when it is complete.

As for life in general, I guess I'm doing okay. I've been feeling very tired lately, and very unrested. I've been fighting hard not to take naps after class/work, but it's difficult, and I've slept away the evenings for the last two days. It hasn't been a total loss, though, I've been getting bits of my current drawing worked on in the evenings. Here are some process shots... (it's too big to fit under the scanner, so I used my digital camera, which is why some of the shots are all crooked and stuff).

http://www.wertle.com/dump/wcp-process.jpg

I'm proud of how it's turning out, though there is much layering of colored pencil to go. I'm trying very hard to take my time and be neat about things, as patience has always been an artsy problem of mine.

I really hope this term will be a productive one (both in class and out), and I think that if I try and overcome my current exhaustion, I can make good use of my free evenings.

No comments: