Monday, September 6, 2004

"There are 2 good things about long weekends, the first is that the weekend is longer..." -Carleton

I really enjoyed my Labor Day weekend trip to Vermont, it really is a very lovely state. It reminded me a lot of Kentucky in some ways, with the exception of being surrounded by mountains. Carleton's grandmother lives right on Lake Champlain, so he took me out sailing, which ended up being quite awesome. We also lingered around Burlington, ate at Ben and Jerry's, saw a moderately decent and good-humored street performer, and ate lunch at the infamous Al's French Frys twice (yes, they really spell "fries" like that). All in all, a good weekend spent.

Thanks for the support about my Nana, the surgery went very well and she is recovering in ICU right now.

I miss you guys back home (Ken, how is New Orleans?).

No comments: