Saturday, July 21, 2007

Dresses and Books

Two things happened today of interest...

1) Maria peer pressured me into buying a dress. A for-real dress, and an expensive one at that, which I never would have bought when sound of mind. But, as much as I don't want to spend money, it is true that I own no dresses (after my recent massive wardrobe purge especially), and going into graduate school, I am likely to encounter events in which I will need a dress.

At the very least, it is quite a lovely dress.

2) I nearly tripped over Scott's copy of Harry Potter this morning on my way out the door. Scott graciously lent me the novel to read first, due to my rapid reading pace. Indeed, I finished the book in record time: 7 hours with a 30 minute dinner break. I haven't taken part in such indulgent marathon reading in ages. I enjoyed the book immensely.

And now, bed!

No comments: