Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving

I'm sitting in the airport, waiting around for my red-eye to board. I'm very excited about going home! LAX is bustling with holiday travelers, and there's a guy sitting next to me using his dog to pick up chicks (well, I dunno if he's doing it intentionally, but he sure is attracting all the ladies!)

Anyway, I'll be happy to see my family tomorrow, and hopefully catch my friends before skipping back out here on Sunday. I'm mostly looking forward to getting back to Kentucky for a little bit. It always seems to recharge my roots when I spend time there. I miss its beauty more this year, I think, since I've spent the last 6 months in the desert. Well, LA likes to pretend real hard that it isn't a desert, but if you squint your eyes and tilt your head, you can see right through to the rocks and sand.

Even in the winter, Kentucky has a special beauty to it.


This year, probably more than anything else, I'm thankful for having a job. And I'm even more thankful for the icing on the cake, that I have a job as a game designer, in the games industry, makin games!! It astounds me from time to time, but here I am!

I know I don't have a real scope of how lucky I am to have a job that I love in the economic climate, but I have some idea of it, so I'm thankful for it every chance I remember.

I'm also thankful that I'm making it home to see everyone. I do miss Louisville. Stay safe, all!

No comments: