Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Todayborday is Labor Day

This weekend was fun-busy and restful all at the same time, as any good Labor Day weekend should be. There was lots of Starcraft II, some WoWing, some Magic, some Critter Crunch, and some Halo: ODST Firefight mode. I sadly missed Rich when he was in town (sadface) but I did snag a lunch with Bryan Cash on his brief stopover (happyface).

The Starcraft phenomenon is baffling to me. Could it be that I wasn't ever as bad at RTS games as I'd thought? Or was it the privileged one-on-one (or one-over-one's-shoulder) coaching I received in the beta? Somehow or another, I'm enjoying this game, and hold my own well enough that Nick and I moved up to Gold League in 2v2 (I remain convinced that this is 90% Nick, but I do feel I am improving!)

I am still skulking around in the practice leagues as far as 1v1, though. Every time I muster up some courage to do my placement matches, it fleets away before I can go through with it. Right now I rely on Nick during 2v2s to help me identify stuff when scouting if the other guys are playing Protoss or Terran. At work at if I'm lunchcrafting and doing my practice matches, I do the same thing with Nick and Ben, yelling "you guys what is this that they are building what does it meeean??"

In theory, I should play some Protoss and Terran myself so I can at least have an idea of what the strategies and structures are. But, I don't wanna. <3 zerg. Ah well, I'll figure it out eventually!

No comments: