Saturday, January 8, 2011

Weekly Goal Progress Report #1

Here it is, the first of my goal progress reports!

1) Getting rid of the credit card: I spent this week going through any of my online accounts that are linked to the card for auto-billing and such and changing it over to my debit card. The balance is at zero, so the next step is the dreaded one of calling to cancel my account and having to suffer through some poor representative having to try and convince me not to close it. Hate the phone so much!

2) One free thing in LA per month: I researched a bunch of potential options and listed out places and events I'd like to go to. I think the first visit will be to the Getty, perhaps next Saturday. They have a few exhibits that I'm curious about.

3) 20 Minutes of Games Every Other Day: This week's gaming included Donkey Kong Country Returns and Sonic Colors. I like them both very much! DK is just a joyous co-op platformer, and I'm really surprised how much of the original music is in the game. Sonic Colors has a very old school Sonic feel to it, which is great, because I grew up on those games. The wisp mechanic fits in with the basic Sonic mechanics really well. I think these two games will keep me busy for awhile. I've also been playing Shining Force on the iPod Touch, but I'm not sure if that counts since it's an old game I've played several times before.

4) Sew 3 things: No sewing yet, but I did clean and organize all my sewing supplies into a single drawer. I need to do a couple of maintenance things: get some more bobbins, and clean/fix/find a new oil dispenser to oil the machine with.

No comments: