Wednesday, February 19, 2003

Edumacation on Wertle

I'm normally not one to fill out internet surveys, but I read this one off and liked it. For one, it doesn't consist of 8 biztrillion one-word-answer sort of questions, because I never read those. Plus, even if no one else but me reads it, writing the answers will provide some introspection at the very least ^_^



1. What are five (or more) claims to fame that you have? we all have them... in other words, things that not-just-everybody has done.

--Well, lessee. I went to England and saw 30 plays in 3 1/2 weeks. I guess a ball of English regional theater experience that condensed is worth as much ^_^

--When I was very very little, I went on adventures. Real adventures. You see, we lived behind an airport, and one day the city decided they were going to make the airport bigger, and thus plow over all our homes. For awhile, there was an abundance of abandoned houses in my neighborhood, so my friends and I...all of us under 11 or so, would break into and explore them. We had a vast space of mystery and the unknown to play our adventures in. (Note: I still don't know if the parents have found out about this ¬_¬)

--I used to be on a synchronized swimming team. Synchronized swimmers are HARD CORE, so don't anybody laugh (grrr).

--I guess being able to work in glass is as much of a claim to fame as anything. Cartooning too for that matter.

--I still have my very first stuffed animal, Doggie, whom I've had since I was born. Holding him always floods my mind with the multitude and saturation of experience I've gone through, and I'm only 21.


2. What are five--or more--quirks that you have?

--I cannot eat around young children, or watch them eat, without growing thoroughly disgusted and losing my appetite. There's just something sensually repulsive about it. When it comes down to it, I think it all stems to a time when I was younger, at my grandma's, absently eating Cheetos out of a bag and watching tv. At one point I looked over to see that my baby cousin had been sitting there all along...she would take a cheeto, put it in her mouth and gum it for awhile, then put it BACK IN THE BAG!! GUHH!! I nearly threw up. I'm hoping I'll get over this when/if I ever have children O.o;;

--People have told me that I "write backwards," by which they mean I start my printed e's from the bottom instead of the middle line and other such weirdness in printing letters. I certainly never noticed this, nor thought it that strange, but apparently it is.

--Along the same lines, apparently I pick up sandwhiches wrong. My friend vehemently pointed this out to me once, and I usually don't think about it. Sometimes, though, when I'm eating a sandwhich I think "Oh! I pick these up wrong! Let's see how I do it..." Then, of course, since I'm thinking about it, it doesn't work.

--I like to think of myself as a peacable person, slow to anger and such. However, there are certain noises which *instantly* drive me into a near-violent festering rage, which has no rational basis whatsoever. Such noises include snoring, power saws (though the table saw doesn't seem to bother me), and leaf blowers.

--I hate bologna, I'm not overly fond of ketchup, but I LOVE bologna cheese and ketchup sandwichs. Only in that combination.

--Great singing is instantaneous inspiration for me to do art. Here's how it works: I hear a friend singing away, I think "I wish I could sing, if I could sing like that, I'd sing aaaaaaaall the time." This immediately triggers thoughts of people seeing me draw, and saying "I wish I could draw, if I could draw like that, I'd draw aaaaaaaaaaall the time." So I stop abruptly and think "Well, I'd best get to it..." and roam off in search of a pen and paper.

3. Name 5 or more things you love about yourself.

--I am a readily available resource of unconditional love. Slow to anger, slower to judge, and pretty much accepting once I get over my initial fear of people.

--I have a multitude of talents and interests, and I excel in multiple fields. And, more importantly, I'm now realizing that this is not something I should stifle in embarrassment, but milk to the best of my ability.

--I like my body. I like being exceptionally strong for my mass, and I am particularly fond of my shoulders and tummy.

--I am thrilled that I have the ability to make other people happy.

--I keep up with myself, am able to step out of my timeframe and take things in perspective, and always work through hard times to my satisfaction.



4. Name 5 things (this one is limited to 5) that you don't like about yourself.

--I am too sensitive at times. The favorite scenario is that I think, a lot, before I speak. When I say something, even something small, a lot of thought has gone into it. Thus, if someone interrupts my speech, even if it is entirely reasonable for them to do so, my gut's initial reaction is as someone has taken something I put a lot of thought into and carelessly knocked it over. I get badly hurt from it, and it does not stop there. I then realize that getting my feelings hurt over some silly interruption is quite silly in itself, then I feel worse for having gotten my feelings hurt in the first place. Even WORSE, people realize this has hurt my feelings, and they either
a) Stop talking and demand that I carry out my thought--which is impossible, because after sorting through the hurt I've lost all construct of what I was going to say, or..
b) Gently scold me for getting my feelings hurt, not mentioning any names *cough*dflo*cough**cough*. Gentle though the scolding may be, it
b1) Makes me feel WORSE about getting hurt
b2) Makes me angry and hurt that one would scold me over being interrupted
b3) Makes me realize how dumb getting angry is, and get hurt some more.
Before it's all said and done, I'm reduced to an achey little puddle of hurt over one ridiculous interruption. I don't like it.

--I have a hard time asking people for help, especially from my close friends, which is ridiculous. It takes a lot for me to go up to a good friend whom I spend most of my time with and love and am cared for by and say "I need to talk." I think this is a key factor in my needing so many hugs, I'm trying to make up for the comfort I need in not asking for help by building up a reserve of affection (it doesn't work)

--Something from just this year. I don't like that, for some reason, I'm constantly ill and getting hurt this year. I'm always in pain or feeling sick, which in turn greats on my emotional stability, which usually makes me clingy. It's very frustrating.

--I have a hard time communicating on certain levels. My thoughts are complete and make sense, but they generally fall apart when I try to transfer them verbally. I require a lot of back-and-forth, question-answer-verify, intense conversation. I don't get very much of that right now.

--Sometimes I'm afraid of ridiculous things. I want to play the piano again.


5. Name your favorite 5 'usual-use' things.

--Naps. Pleasant naps with an overabundance of pillows and blankets. I've come to think that I don't nap to catch up on sleep, but I nap to take a moment in my day to bask myself in comfort.

--My purple hat. I've grown rather attached to it. Few people know that the origin of the purple hat comes from me losing a previous, similar hat, which was blue/green and of a different, knitted material. It was still long with a little tassle on the end. I lost it once in like the 8th or 9th grade and was very sad, so my grandma got me a new hat for Christmas.

--pinecones

--My daily hug quota. I know I bother a lot of people with them, but they do mean a lot to me.

--Pleasant moments of being accutely aware of yourself and your surroundings. The smells that accompany weather are particularly intense at these points.

No comments: