Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Senior Show Pictures

(x-posted in

So, here it is, I finally got some photos of my senior show pieces. These are what I've been working on aaaaaaaalll semester. There's one photo missing because my digital camera decided to mess up on one.


These are all very thick vessels with ground and polished planes on either side. I was interested in getting color fades, so all of these pieces are made with only 2 colors per piece.

This was my first successful piece. It is only about 3 inches tall, and I made it by fading together amber and blue (where they cross is what makes the green)


These are all about 4 to 4 1/2 inches tall. They are all displayed on top of light boxes, and some of them have blinds behind them, hence the swirly liney things.






This one looks like it is only one color, but I promise it is two. The camera just didn't pick up the distinction between the amber and the red very well.




These are the four larger pieces I made. The first one I made on my own, and is about 5 1/2 inches tall. The next three I had help me make, since I did not have the sufficient manstrength to move them around, and they are between 7 and 8 inches tall.





So far I have sold 3 of these (Dusk, Oceanic View, and Ore) and made one trade with another one of my senior art majors (Seed). These were a ton of work and I'm happy at how they turned out, especially considering this will probably be the last pieces I make for awhile since I am about to graduate.





In other news, Lino Tagliapietra is at Centre this week doing demos. I got to watch him today and it is really spectacular. I recommend anyone in or near Kentucky to come down and watch the public demos this Thursday, May 20 from 10-12 and from 1-3 or Friday, May 21 from 1-3. It's really worth it, and I will be sure to post video clips I take of his demos later on this week.

No comments: