Thursday, July 15, 2004

Postcards and Pupils

You'd think that postcards would be one of those things that's easy to find. Not so. I scraped all over the city looking for a place that sold Louisville-themed postcards for the activity, and after I finally got a lead from one of my Kempo friends, I had to go to the evil Hawley-Cooke-eating Borders to get some. Got them all sent out today, though, was fun.

I'm taking a break from working on my Comic-con contribution. I think I'll manage to get it finished on time, but yikes do my wrists hurt.

Eye appointment today, I'm really excited. I know that sounds lame, but my eyesight has deteriorated quite a bit since my last examination, and getting new glasses is always an incredible experience. I can't wait to be able to see the leaves on the trees!!

In other news, it was estimated that 100,000 houses in Louisville were without power after the storm on Tuesday (not me!). The meteorologists get so excited about tornados, but when these straight-wind storms come through, they are much more mellow, in spite of the damage being much more extensive.

Oh well, if any Louisville-peeps are without power, you can come over to my house to eat hot food or do laundry!

No comments: