Friday, October 23, 2009

Uncharted 2: A first look

I just played the first bit of Uncharted 2, and made this tweet: "Uncharted 2 has the best acting and dialogue I've ever seen/heard in a game. EVER."

However, I feel I need to clarify my point. Seeing as I've just resigned myself to the fact that all voice acting in all games is going to be shitty, regardless of how good the game is, such a compliment seems meaningless without qualifiers.

So, here is a better metaphor. You know the L-Curve, right?

http://www.lcurve.org/

Now, instead of family income, pretend that graph is for "quality of voice acting in games." The majority of the football field encompasses "all games." The last stack there at the end is Uncharted 2. You'll have to zoom out several times.

There, I feel like my comment has been qualified.

No comments: