Thursday, April 29, 2010

Osaka Adventure - Day 1

We got right off to an adventurous start today. After waking up and enjoying a tasty Scott-cooked breakfast, we made our way to The Momofuku Ando Instant Ramen Museum.

Lo, the educational wonders of the rich history of instant ramen! A large timeline wall displayed every product since instant ramen's inception in 1958! A colorful cartoon clearly geared for 10-year-olds explained the birth of the idea for cup noodles! And best of all...

That's right, I got to make my very own instant ramen! And I mean the noodles themselves - we got to roll them out and cut them and decorate our own package! Let's ignore the fact that Sena and I were the only two adults participating. Don't worry, photos will be forthcoming.

Other than that, I got reacquainted with all the little things I loved about Japan from my last visit: the textured sidewalk paths for the blind, CC Lemon, those little shortbread and chocolate things in the shapes of mushrooms, etc.

This evening, Scott cooked a delicious dinner of rice and pork and veggies. They have lemon-infused soy sauce here! I want to bring some home, if I can, but the logistics are tricky since I don't have any checked luggage. Anyway, Scott's mom would be proud of the cooking prowess he has inherited from her :)

No comments: