Wednesday, October 30, 2002

Tech Ninjas Unite!

Today, I believe, is the first day of a several-week building period, at the end of which I will explode. Not that it's a bad thing, it's just going to be very busy with the play and all, and I'll have to buckle down and be diligent with my work and painting.

Working a road show today. I love doing this, perhaps it's just me, but waking up at 7 in the morning to load in a show is good times for me. Depleting my body of all of its energy stores in order to construct a set which will only be torn down at the end of the night is somehow pleasant to me.

I love working them, though, partially because the people are always good to work with. They're always friendly and patient, because if it's your job to load in a show every day with a different group of people which you have to explain what to do over and over and over again, you have to be patient and friendly by default. They always end up being slightly loopy, too, which is just more fun. Working on electrics is my favorite, and believe it or not, I haven't had to use my crescent wrench *once* today.

I also visited Tony II (of England adventure fame) to bid him farewell. We discussed the interesting quirks of the States and his overall experience. I will miss him very much, but I'm sure I'll see him again. As long as I make a point to write it down ^_^

Well, off to be studious, and rest up for load out tonight.

No comments: