Wednesday, January 1, 2003

2002

2002, what a weird year. Well, I suppose I'll do a little recap, for me more than anything, I suppose. I have a tendency to think in terms of 'school years' as opposed to real years, so it's helpful to do little things like this.

- 2002 kicked off with my study-abroad trip to England, where I traveled from Manchester to London and many places in between, and saw 30 plays in 3 1/2 weeks. My birthday had its ups and downs, the down being I had to sit through a Pinter play, the up being that I got to go to Riki Tiki Tavi's, the most awesome restaurant in Manchester, and have the best vanilla milkshake in the world.

- Spring term of 2002 was a rough one for me. I'd flown in from England late one night, and the next day had to move back to school. The lack of rest and busiest term I'd had so far wore me down quite a bit. I was really unprepared for the stresses of taking 2 studio art classes at once, but I managed through.

- On the up side, I had a lot of fun that spring term. I remember my Monday night 9-midnight glassblowing slot with Ian. Neither of us had class the next morning, so after our blowslot we'd drive over to Jen's apartment, where I would make pancakes and Dr. Mario tournements would take place.

- I got to be really good friends with Andrew that term. Seeing my beloved senior friends graduate was tough. Ian, Andrew, Liz, Nate, Sara...everyone, I really missed them, but had great times with them

- Summer 2002. Not quite as eventful as the summer before. I did manage some visits to see my friends, and it was the first summer I actually sold art. I did rather well, selling quite a bit of my glass, I was very excited!

- Fall 2002. Junior year started off rather strangely. I solidified and grew strong friendships with different people, namely D Flo, Brendan, Ken, and Squirt. This year has been eventful and fun-filled, if not DRIPPING with DRAMA. I remember being terrified of having an independent study in glass with Woody, Arijan, and Ken (who are all way way talented), but it turned out for the best for me.

- 2002 wrapped up with New Year's with friends. I'm glad I got to see before he goes off to Italy. My resolution this year is to expand on my other talents, especially getting over my fear of playing the piano.

Have a great year, everyone!

No comments: