Thursday, April 17, 2003

Interesting

I take online quizzes a lot, for fun, but don't normally post results for the clutter. Then again, they've mostly always been silly quizzes just for amusement, but I guess if I gain a nugget of insight from one, it's worth posting..


(note, I rehosted the image on my space, so I'll still have it around well after the quiz is gone)
fox.
You are the fox.


Saint Exupery's 'The Little Prince' Quiz.
brought to you by Quizilla

I took this particular quiz because I don't know anything about The Little Prince (aside from the cartoon from my youth, I think there was a rose somewhere), and I like it when I get to answer questions based on the validity of the answer in accordance to me, rather than (however hard I may restrain myself) try to "sway" the results one way or the other.

When I got my result, I recalled a time when Eva was reading us the part of The Little Prince about the fox, I'd completely forgotten about it! The text was in French, and she was translating directly to English for us, so the story was very direct and simple. I remember thinking "this is a good story, it's important, and I should remember it."

Of course, I say that about a lot of things, and then promptly forget them, only to have them pop up later on in unexpected places. So it's a bit of something for me to think about.

There are a lot of times when I don't trust in my own wisdom, I'm always looking around for people to look up to, somewhat unconsciously hoping that my friends are these great pools of wisdom that I can go to to figure things out. I think a lot, about lots of things, and have a lot to share.

Maybe part of what's been troubling me recently is the lack of an outlet to share these important things. Maybe I need to stop waiting for someone to come up and ask me...

[Edit: I may as well post a link to the story http://www.emory.edu/EDUCATION/mfp/lpfox.html]

No comments: