Sunday, April 6, 2003

Spring Forward

I found Strother's away message to be particularly insightful...

"I hate spring forward daylight savings time, we should just fall back 23 hours. A 23 hour period where people are not allowed to do anything but relax, sleep, and be happy."

Although I'm losing an hour of my precious time, I'm still quite happy. It seems that the fates felt so sorry for putting me through 1st-half-of-spring-term-from-hell that they're making things go extra smoothly for the last half. Since none of my classes will conflict in the fall, it is now certain that I can complete my comp sci major, and I filled out the official forms that upgraded it from a minor to a second major yesterday. Also, I've found a roommate! Yuliya (my roommate from freshman year) had her eyes set on Fox Hall as well, and was searching for roommates, so if we get one more girl we can try for the apartment. My application for Centre Internship Plus is almost completely ready to turn in tomorrow, so that's another load off.

On the other side, the glass class I applied for at Corning was full, but I'm on the waiting list. I'm not terribly concerned, though, because it will eliminate the problem of figuring out how to get from Stockbridge to Corning at the end of the summer. Also, I'm sad that I won't get to go to Conglomeration this summer, but I'm still going to send my art in to the art show (and who knows, there might be some slim glimmer of hope that I can go).

All in all, things are going well. Strother and I are going to sneak off to Lexington today to catch Spirited Away again, and the rest of the evening will be full of studying for this week's tests.

No comments: