Thursday, January 29, 2009

25 Random Things

I don't like to tag other people to do these memes, but when tagged I feel compelled to complete them...



1) I used to do synchronized swimming when I was young. It gave me super strength. We had to put knox gelatin in our hair and smile brightly during our routines, even though we were in terrible pain for most of it (or at least, I was).

2) When I drink soda, I have to swish it around in my mouth before swallowing.

3) My first crush was on Egon from the animated Ghostbusters. It was less of a "I want to marry you" crush and more of a "I want to be you" crush.

4) When I was little, I always wanted to play Little Red Riding Hood, and I was always the wolf

5) I kissed a boy for the first time in my life when I was 21 years old

6) I'm TERRIBLE at practical math. Horrible. Calculus? No problem. Subtraction? SO HARD.

7) When I was in the second grade I wanted to be a fighter jet pilot. I think I believed that they just got to fly the jets around all day for fun.

8) I'm pretty sure I'm the happiest when I'm in the water.

9) As a child, I tended to step on rusty nails by accident during summer vacation. I stepped on nails so frequently that I assumed that it was just part of life: that every year I'd step on a rusty nail, as sure as Christmas or my birthday.

10) I went through a phase when I was young where I was obsessed with symmetry. If I took a step and put so much pressure on one foot, I would HAVE to match the exact pressure on the other. If I accidentally touched my face, I'd have to touch the other side of my face in the same spot. I thought it was going to drive me mad before I grew out of it.

11) If I'm at the ATM and there's a line behind me and I have multiple transactions to make, I will make one and then get back in line for the other. Similarly, if I'm paying at the grocery and there's a line behind me, I get too stressed out from the prospect of getting out exact change, for fear I will slow down the people behind me.

12) I used to think that the Kentucky Derby was a holiday that *everyone* celebrated, like Christmas.

13) Pianos give me anxiety attacks (not hearing them, but sitting at one, or the thought of having to play it)

14) I am a tactile/kinesthetic learner and communicate with the world best via touch and movement.

15) I have a second degree black belt in Kempo

16) Sometimes I know the future, it's an AWFUL talent.

17) I hate The Vagina Monologues. I HATE THEM!

18) The music of a cello makes me cry, or feel like crying. It's like an on/off switch.

19) The first video game I ever beat by myself was Super Mario Bros. 2 on the NES

20) When you get dinner rolls from the store that have the vertical slice in them for easy cutting, I always ignore it and slice the roll horizontally (more surface area for butter)

21) I like vinegar and I like cucumbers, but I do not like pickles.

22) My favorite poem is "Out, Out" by Robert Frost

23) I tend to wave my arm in front of automatic doors, as if I am opening them with the Force. I do this mostly without thinking anymore.

24) I inherited my two favorite kinds of cake from my parents: yellow cake with chocolate icing from my mom, and spice cake with vanilla icing from my dad

25) I can't make the number three with my fingers. Like, putting your thumb on your pinky and holding the rest up? I can't do it, and forcing my hand into that position has always been painful. I dreaded the number 3 while learning to count because of this agony!

No comments: