Friday, January 16, 2009

The Sleepiest Chimera

As a present, Jesse gave me the little chimera figurine that comes with the fancy-pants edition of Resistance 2. It does not look fierce, but rather as though it is yawning. Perhaps it was put on some uneventful patrol and is bored out of its mind. Poor guy.

Speaking of sleep, I've been conducting a sort of sleep experiment of my own for the past week. Basically the idea is that I've taken 2 weeks of my life in which I will sleep as much as I please, with no obligations to guilt me awake. I just want to see what my sleep patterns are when left to my own devices.

So far, the patterns have been incredibly erratic, but I have been getting about 11-12 hours of sleep a day total. I have been otherwise keeping active and making sure I have access to sunlight, but it seems to make no difference.

Jesse is loaning me some sleep-robot thing that detects your near-awake periods at night, and figures your sleep pattern based on those. It seems to only work with long stretches of sleep, but I'll give it a try tonight and see how it works. It's a nifty little device, at any rate.

I have no idea what I'll do with this data after the end of the 2 weeks, but I feel like it's good to have, and I'm just generally curious. Plus, after this semester I'll be a working woman. No more luxurious breaks, so I'd better work one in now!

No comments: