Wednesday, September 18, 2002

Will Johnston Doesn't Believe in Binomial Nomenclature...

Tonight we had auditions for Shenanigans, the improv troupe of which I belong to here at my college. It was a great bunch of people, very talented, very witty, and a million times better than last year's audition lot. Until this I've never been in a position where I had to take part in the casting process of something, and it's quite tough!

Narrowing it down was a tough call, and we let many people go to "simmah in da pot" for a year, in hopes that they'll try out again next year when all the Shenanigans seniors graduate this year.

They were good. Better than me by far, and sometimes I *still* wonder why I've been kept in the group up to this point. I don't consider myself particularly quick-witted, all of my humor comes in 10 minute blocks at the very least. Granted, I've had my moments, I was particularly proud of my 1 minute speech on Polly Theism, but I just don't know. Perhaps I'm good to play off of? I don't know.

So, our goal is to beef up our performance frequency, and after this year the infamous Will Johnston will turn the project over to D Flo, and then we'll have to find capable hands to leave it in after we graduate...

...after we graduate. Good God, I'm graduating next year.

::runs to the bathroom to hurl::

No comments: