Thursday, February 21, 2008

GDC Wednesday Afternoon

So, we didn't make it to Ubisoft this afternoon, but that's okay. Instead, my mentor and I walked the Expo floor, and it was great fun times! There were some interesting setups, yes, but mostly we just had fantastic conversations about this and that and the other. My mentor is brilliantly easy to talk to.

We ran into Brenda, and I introduced the two, and we had an intriguing conversation about improv acting and its role in the industry (and in all industries! Everyone should take an improv class, in my opinion). We also had fun scoping out our favorites of the Independent Games Festival (go World of Goo and Polarity! Also? AudioSurf is FREAKIN AMAZING).

This evening I spent chillaxin with Andy (who is a bit sick, as are many people, I blame the IGDA party!). We watched Robot Chicken and MythBusters and a fantastic show about sea critters (if I see a cuttlefish on TV, I can't resist) and have a lovely time. We finished off the evening with a great Bandology meeting, and I'm excited about my return to school and the work I'll be doing.

Looking forward to another exciting day tomorrow!

No comments: