Saturday, May 24, 2003

The End!

Whoosh! I let a lot happen with no entries. Here we go...

Finals went well. Senior week was relatively good (a lot of packing and playing of video games). A lot of bonding happened. Jeff taught me to drive a stick (which is good, since I'll be helping with the driving to Massachusetts, it'll be good to know how x_x). For the first time since high school, we broke out the old Magic cards (D Flo and , after killing me and Brendan off, spent like 2 more hours trying to kill each other).

While Wednesday and Thursday were full of cheer and play and video games, Friday was a bit intense in the wrong way. The night was highlighted by the completion of our year long proclamation of "Dude! We should hook up two x-boxes!" I totally won. Anyway, that was the fun part. The un-fun part was that every sliver of residual drama leftover and building up throughout the entire year EXPLODED. Drama here, drama there, venting here, crying there, misery and ranting and purging, you know...it probably would have been less dramatic if not for the addition of alcohol to the whole formula. Feh, no good.

Saturday, I frantically gathered the last of my belongings, went home, spent like 3 collective hours with my family, came back to school, took one more "confidence drive" on the stick shift, bought a cake, sat down to spend some time with my friends before they graduate...and realized it was frickin midnight! Tomorrow will be madness, with graduation (I have to be a Junior Marshall, which, unfortunately, does not involve guns, a star, not even a cowboy hat). Jeff wants to leave for Massachusetts right after commencement, so no summer break for Lisa.

Long story short, I'll be noticeably absent from the internet for the summer. If anyone's trying to email me at my aol address, I've blocked it from email (to cut back on the spam for the summer), so mail me instead at my wertle.com address. I was intent on doing one more website update before I left, but that didn't happen. Alas! Well, there will always be the library. I imagine it will be slightly difficult to cram all of my normal internet chores into 15 minutes, but I'll manage. I'll at the very least try and update this one.

I hope everyone has a lovely summer! I'd like to reflect on the year, what I've learned, experiences that have been important to me, life lessons and all that, but I don't have time. Never enough time!!!!!!!!

No comments: