Woohoo! Here I am in the Stockbridge Library, alive and well. Things are going great. I really love my job so far, and the people I work with are all really cool, I'm so busy that I hardly even notice my lack of internet...
Well, that's not exactly true. Yesterday, we managed to get dial-up in the prop shop for research, and I was able to check my email for the first time in a few days. After I was finished, I walked outside. My boss noticed me, made a strange face, and said "You look like you just had sex! You're SICK!"
Okay okay, so maybe I am a bit addicted to the internet, but I'm sure I'll get over it. Some highlights from the past week.
- I drove up here with Jeff, and for the whole 900 miles of the drive, his cat, Pollock, rode on my lap. My first impression at Berkshire was me covered in cat fur, but I didn't mind so much.
- It was cold here the first couple of days. The other day, I spilled a bowl of hot soup on my leg, and my first reaction was "Mmm, that feels really good..."
- While prop hunting yesterday, I came across a shop called "Needful Things." Is that not a little creepy? In New England no less! I was almost sure that if I went in, I would be able to locate the more difficult props (like a 1930's payphone), but that I'd have to sell my soul in return. I passed the shop quietly.
- There's a glass gallery here! Right here in little 'ole Stockbridge! I peeked in the window today, and they have Lino Tagliapietra stuff and Chihuly stuff and Billy Morris stuff! I'm going to have to go in there on Sunday and gawk and drool.
- So far, this is like summer camp for grown ups. However, you should take that with a grain of salt, as I've never been to summer camp before. Maybe, if I'm lucky, I'll get to update this journal every week or so (though, I'm afraid chances of getting my website updated look grim).
I hope everyone is doing well! Keep me informed of adventures on your end!